Rooster chow mein might be already one in all your favorite and most scrumptious Chinese language dishes. This recipe makes use of only one pan and it’s a lot more healthy than ordering takeaway. This household pleasant dish is ideal for anybody following the Slimming World plan, Weight Watchers or any calorie managed eating regimen.
This might fairly simply be one of many best and quickest recipes on this weblog. It actually is easy to throw collectively with out dropping any of the genuine style of a takeaway Chow Mein. It’s additionally nice for households who’re on a decent funds proper now. The elements are comparatively cheap they usually don’t even must be the freshest… have a carrot thats been round for some time? Chuck it in!!
What’s Chow Mein?
Chow mein is a stir-fry noodle dish that’s made in many alternative variations. Conventional chow mein is made with fried noodles however typically chow mein is ready with boiled noodles. Then it’s added to a vegetable stir fry with hen, beef, pork and even prawns.
If you want to make this chow mein recipe much more genuine, attempt frying the noodles in somewhat little bit of oil earlier than including them to the pan. However don’t neglect to incorporate the Syns!
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Fast, easy and straightforward to make
- Low funds recipe utilizing cheaper elements
- Low in energy
- Good for when making a Chinese language fakeaway night time
- Good batch prepare dinner recipe as it’s appropriate for freezing
Batch Prepare dinner – Storage Data
- Fridge: When you’ve got any leftovers, allow them to cool to room temperature. Then, refrigerate them in a lined container and revel in inside 5 days.
- Reheat: Reheating is simple! You may both microwave the leftovers on excessive energy for a few minutes, or toss the whole lot right into a wok reheat over medium-high warmth. Add some water both method, you don’t need it drying out.
- Freezer: This recipe freezes actually nicely, so it’s an incredible meal prep dish! Earlier than you freeze it, you’ll want to enable it to chill first. As soon as it has cooled, switch the chow mein to freezer-safe meal prep containers or freezer bag and freeze it for as much as 3 months. To reheat, defrost within the fridge in a single day then proceed as regular by reheating within the microwave or in a wok as above.
Is that this recipe Slimming World pleasant?
Sure this hen chow mein may be very Slimming World pleasant. It’s Syn free, filling and stuffed with speedy greens too. It’s batch prepare dinner pleasant too which implies you’ll be able to reheat parts for lunch.
You could possibly additionally contemplate including further veggies like peppers, beansprouts, cabbage and many others.
Rooster Chow Mein
- 1 Massive Skinless Rooster Breast (Approx 175g) [Sliced into thin strips]
- 1 Egg White
- 300g Dried Medium Egg Noodles
- Low Calorie Cooking Spray
- 3 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- 1 Onion [Peeled and thickly sliced]
- 3 Massive Mushrooms [Finely Sliced]
- 1 Spring Onion [Sliced into 1cm pieces]
- 2 Carrots [Sliced into thin sticks]
- 2 tbsp Gentle Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Darkish Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Floor White Pepper
- 150ml Boiling Rooster Inventory
- 1 tsp Granulated Sweetener
Prepare dinner the noodles in a big pan of boiling water for 3-5 minutes, then drain and put them in chilly water for two minutes. Drain once more completely and set them apart.
Pop the sliced hen right into a bowl. Add the egg white and the Oyster sauce. Therapeutic massage the egg and oyster sauce into the hen guaranteeing the whole lot is coated. Set the bowl apart.
Add the 50ml of the Chicken stock, onion, mushrooms and carrots. Stir together and stir fry for for 2 – 3 minutes.
Keep the pan on a medium heat, add the marinated chicken. Brown the chicken, if it starts to stick add a little more spray or water.
Turn off the heat, add both soy sauces, rice vinegar, white pepper, sweetener and rest of the chicken stock. Stir gently then turn the heat back on to high and cook for 1 minute.
Add the egg noodles and, using tongs, gently toss for about 15 seconds to make sure they’re thoroughly coated with the sauce.
Add the spring onion, toss together. Pop the lid on and steam on a medium heat for 2 minutes.