Nut butter brownies are actually a class unto themselves. Our favourite, these almond butter brownies use practically a jar of uncooked almond butter — expensive, however price it.
The raspberries and peanut butter in these brownies make them super-rich, whereas nonetheless being vegan and dairy-free. An excellent recipe, sampled from The entire cookbook is full of clear, simple recipes made with one pan solely…
Vegan Dairy-Free Peanut Butter Brownies with Raspberry Jam
These sheet pan brownies are a match made in heaven. Not solely do they bake in half the time of a normal brownie, however the ratio of PB and J to brownie is nearly equal, that means each mouthful is filled with chocolate-y gooeyness.You possibly can even swap the peanut butter for almond butter—simply be sure that it’s clean and runny so you can also make the beautiful swirls.
Yield: 12 servings
+ 1¼ cups (150 g) frozen raspberries
+ 1¼ cups (150 g) all-purpose flour
+ ¾ tsp baking powder
+ ½ cup (45 g) cacao powder
+ ½ cup (110 g) mild brown sugar
+ 1¼ cups (210 g) darkish chocolate chips, melted
+ ¼ cup (60 ml) dairy-free butter, melted
+1¾ cups (420 ml) dairy-free milk (at room temperature)
+ 1 tsp vanilla extract
+ ⅔ cup (170 g) clean, runny peanut butter, divided
+ ⅓ cup (60 g) contemporary raspberries, halved
+ 1 tbsp (10 g) peanuts, halved
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C or fuel mark 4) and place a bit of parchment paper on a half sheet pan (13 x 18 inch [33 x 45 cm]).
2. Place the frozen raspberries in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals till they’re thawed and have launched their juices. Mash till clean.
3. In a big bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, cacao powder and brown sugar. In a separate bowl, mix the melted darkish chocolate and butter, room-temperature milk, vanilla and ⅓ cup (85 g) of the peanut butter.
4. Pour the moist combination into the dry and stir effectively, then switch the batter to the parchment-lined sheet pan. Push the combination into the corners.
5. Rigorously mash the thawed raspberries with a potato masher or fork. Spoon the raspberries on high of the brownie combination in traces, from one of many longest sides of the pan to the opposite.
6. Repeat with the remaining half of the peanut butter so it’s unfold simply beneath every mashed raspberry line.
7. Use a knife or skewer to make traces from one quick aspect to the opposite after which repeat in the other way to create the swirls. High with the halved contemporary raspberries and peanut halves and place the pan within the oven to bake for 15 to twenty minutes, or till agency however nonetheless a bit gooey inside.
8. Enable the brownies to chill for 10 minutes earlier than slicing into parts. Get pleasure from.