Typically it’s a must to splurge and make donuts for breakfast. This lemon donut recipe is one among my favorites for spring and summer season. If you would like a fall and winter flavored donut, attempt my apple cider donuts!
Additionally try my lemon poppyseed cake and my lemon tart for extra citrus dessert concepts.
This Glazed Lemon Donuts recipe is…
- Made with 5 components
- Glazed with do-it-yourself lemon glaze
- Made with canned biscuit dough
- Topped with lemon zest
- Nice for breakfast or dessert
Tips on how to Make Glazed Lemon Donuts
- Warmth your oil in a deep pan over medium excessive warmth till it reaches 350°F.
- Whereas the oil is heating, reduce the facilities out of the biscuits.
- Fry every biscuit donut within the sizzling oil.
- Place donuts on a cooling rack to drip off extra grease.
- Mix glaze components in a bowl.
- Dip every donut within the glaze and place again on cooling rack.
- Garnish with extra lemon zest and serve.
Full instructions for learn how to make Glazed Lemon Donuts are within the printable recipe card on the backside of the publish.
Suggestions & Methods for Lemon Glazed Donuts
Earlier than you chop out the middle of your biscuits, make sure that to stretch and flatten the biscuits somewhat bit. This provides you with a thinner donut that’s simpler to prepare dinner.
If you fry the donuts, use a deep-sided pan. This may hold the oil from splattering in every single place if you go to flip the donuts whereas frying.
Optimum oil temperature for frying donuts is 350°F. Getting the oil to this temperature is necessary, as a result of if the oil will get too sizzling, it can overcook the surface of your donuts and depart the facilities doughy.
Variations to Glazed Lemon Donuts
You should utilize any taste of glaze you need to your donuts. Mash up some strawberries for a pink glaze, whip up a lime glaze, and so forth. Be happy to vary it up if you’d like!
After you dip your donuts within the lemon glaze, add some enjoyable white or yellow sprinkles. It is a enjoyable addition for little children who take pleasure in colourful sprinkled donuts.
Bake vs Fry
You possibly can bake or air fry your donuts as an alternative of frying them. I do discover that frying the dough offers the biscuits a extra donut-like texture and taste, although. No matter technique you select to make use of, simply ensure that your donuts are absolutely cooked!
Glazed Lemon Donuts FAQs
That are higher—baked or fried donuts?
Baked donuts are going to be a bit more healthy as they don’t seem to be fried in oil. Nevertheless, as talked about earlier, fried donuts are inclined to have a extra traditional donut texture. Both means, simply keep in mind that all donuts are made with carbs, so eat moderately.
How do you have to retailer leftover donuts?
Donuts are greatest served contemporary. Should you occur to have leftovers, they may retailer at room temperature for 1–2 days. The longer the donuts sit out, the extra they may dry out. To present them a brisker texture, heat your donuts up within the microwave for five–10 seconds earlier than consuming.
Servings: 10 donuts
- 16 oz canned biscuits sometimes 10 biscuits
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 lemon zested; non-compulsory
- oil for frying (see word)
- Place a cooling rack over prime of a baking tray and put aside.
- On a flat floor, lay out the biscuits. Lower out the middle of every biscuit after which stretch every biscuit a bit wider (stretch by about ½”).
- Pour your frying oil into a big deep-sided pan and warmth over medium-high warmth. Use a sweet thermometer to make sure you convey the oil to 350F, for greatest outcomes. As soon as oil is sizzling, fry every donut individually for about 1 minute per aspect, till they’re golden brown.
- Set every fried donut on the cooling rack to permit extra oil to drip off.
- Sift the powdered sugar into a big bowl.
- Whisk within the lemon juice.
- Then add in many of the lemon zest (reserve somewhat zest for garnishing).
- Dip every donut into the lemon glaze.
- Then place again on the cooling rack.
- Garnish with extra lemon zest. Permit to take a seat till glaze is about, about half-hour.
You will have roughly 4 cups of oil to fry the donuts, however the quantity will differ primarily based on the dimensions of your pan. You need at the very least 3–4″ of depth. You should utilize canola or vegetable oil.
Energy: 239kcalCarbohydrates: 41gProtein: 3gFats: 8gSaturated Fats: 1gPolyunsaturated Fats: 3gMonounsaturated Fats: 3gLdl cholesterol: 1mgSodium: 428mgPotassium: 120mgFiber: 1gSugar: 20gVitamin A: 3IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 25mgIron: 2mg