If you happen to’re in search of a fast and wholesome dinner to make, you’ll love this Prompt Pot curry recipe made with candy potatoes, lentils, and kale.
Prompt Pot Curry with Candy Potatoes, Lentils, and Kale
We’re big followers of healthy Instant Pot recipes as a result of they’re quick to make, straightforward to organize, and an effective way to meal prep for the week.
Get your veg in with this scrumptious and flavorful Prompt Pot Curry. It packs in all of the veggies, protein, and fiber all due to candy potatoes, lentils, and kale.
For this recipe you solely want lower than half-hour from begin to end and also you’ll have a wholesome dinner prepared for you and your loved ones.
- Curry powder: you’ll want a full tablespoon of curry powder for this recipe.
- Ginger powder: we used dried ginger powder, however it’s also possible to use freshly grated ginger.
- Candy potato: candy potato is a posh carb and provides a lot taste and texture. You can too use regular potatoes or butternut squash as a substitute,
- Onion: onion is a superb base taste for curry.
- Kale: kale is a superb inexperienced so as to add to Prompt Pot curry.
- Lentils: dried lentils add each protein and fiber. You can too use dried cut up peas as properly.
- Coconut milk: full-fat coconut milk compliments ginger and curry fairly properly and is the liquid base of this curry.
- Scorching sauce: sizzling sauce is elective, however provides a large amount of warmth to each chunk.
- Maple syrup: a splash of maple syrup provides simply the correct quantity of sugar to deliver out all the yummy curry flavors.
Easy methods to Make Prompt Pot Curry
Add olive oil to your Prompt Pot and activate the saute characteristic. Subsequent, add in diced onion and spices and saute till aromatic. Flip off saute characteristic.
Add and Cook dinner
Add water, candy potato, carrots, ,and lentils and blend.
Then seal your Prompt Pot and switch to excessive strain. Set timer for 1 minute. Let your Prompt Pot construct up (this may take a couple of minutes). As soon as it begins counting down, you’ll hear it beep after only one minute…it’s virtually completed! Let it naturally launch for 3 minutes earlier than manually turning the valve to fast launch.
Add Ultimate Components & Serve
Open your Prompt Pot and provides it a fast stir. Add in your kale and full-fat coconut milk and stir another time! Serve in your favourite grain or cauliflower rice!
Retailer leftover curry in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3-5 days.
Easy methods to Freeze
Let the curry cool fully. Then, switch it into an hermetic container and seal it. Freeze for as much as 3 months.
Prompt Pot Curry
This Prompt Pot Curry is made with dried lentils, candy potatoes, and kale for the final word wholesome Prompt Pot recipe.
Cook dinner:17 minutes
- 1 tablespoon additional virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon floor ginger
- 3 cups water
- 2 candy potatoes minimize into 1-inch chunks
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 cup pink lentils or dried cut up peas
- 1.5 teaspoons effective sea salt
- Freshly floor black pepper to style
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup chopped kale stems eliminated
- elective: 1/2 tablespoon Frank’s sizzling sauce
- elective: 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
Press Sauté and add the olive oil to the Prompt Pot. As soon as the oil is sizzling however not smoking, add the onion, curry powder, and ginger and stir simply till aromatic, about 1 minute. Press Cancel to cease the cooking cycle.
Add the water and use a picket spoon or spatula to scrape the underside of the pot, ensuring nothing has caught. Add the candy potatoes, carrots, lentils, salt, and some grinds of pepper. Stir properly to make sure the lentils are lined in water, then safe the lid and transfer the steam launch valve to Sealing. Choose Guide/Stress Cook dinner to cook dinner on excessive strain for 1 minute.
When the cooking cycle is full, let the strain naturally launch for 3 minutes, then transfer the steam launch valve to Venting. When the floating valve drops, take away the lid and add the coconut milk and kale. Stir till the kale has wilted, about 2 minutes. Style and regulate the seasonings as wanted, including the new sauce or maple syrup in order for you it hotter or sweeter!
Serve the curry heat over the grain of your alternative and garnished with the cilantro. Retailer leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge for 1 week.
Suggestions & Notes
- Purple lentils cook dinner a lot sooner than different varieties, so I don’t suggest swapping them for inexperienced or brown lentils right here. You would need to improve the cooking time, which might overcook the opposite greens.
- Vitamin doesn’t embrace grain of alternative.
Energy: 259kcal Carbohydrates: 37g Protein: 10g Fats: 8g Fiber: 7g
Contemporary & Wholesome Prompt Pot Cookbook
This recipe was first seen within the Fresh and Healthy Instant Pot. Megan is the queen of vegan and paleo recipes and her cookbook for positive doesn’t disappoint! All 75 of those recipes are gluten-free and refined-sugar-free, making for 75 straightforward recipes for mild meals to make in your Prompt Pot!
We selected to make her candy potato curry recipe as a result of 1. we’re candy potato obsessed and a couple of. I by no means say no to curry! (I imply have you ever made our coconut curry chicken but?). I additionally know that lots of you could have been in search of extra vegan Prompt Pot recipes to make and this one suits the invoice completely!