A heart-warming dessert or snack with oatmeal crumble!
In search of a nutritious candy deal with for dessert or a day snack with a mug of tea? Do that basic recipe for oatmeal date squares that jogs my memory a lot of my grandma as she used to make these after I was little, they usually had been liked by all.
Makes 32 Squares
What You Want
Oatmeal Date Squares Recipe:
- ½ pound (500g) dates, pitted and finely chopped
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
Find out how to Make the Oatmeal Date Squares Recipe:
- To make the date filling, boil the water and chopped dates and simmer till mushy (if dry add just a little bit extra water). Put aside and let cool.
- To make the oatmeal crumble, stir collectively all of the substances in a bowl and use a fork to chop within the butter.
- Grease a 9 X 13-inch baking sheet (or use parchment paper) and place half of the oatmeal crumble combination on the underside and press firmly. Layer the date combination on prime of the oatmeal crumble. Cowl the dates with the remaining oatmeal crumble and press frivolously (not firmly).
- Bake at 350 levels F for 25 to half-hour till golden brown. Cool fully earlier than chopping into squares.
- This recipe freezes rather well!
We hope you loved this scrumptious oatmeal date squares recipe! When you gave it a strive, ensure that to put up a photograph and tag us on Fb and Instagram @healthstandnutrition!
Vitamins per serving:
70.5 g Carbohydrates
19.3 g Protein
2 g Fats
17.9 g Fibre
Don’t miss out on wholesome new recipes or vitamin articles and join our e-newsletter, as we speak!
Sound Bites is a weekly vitamin e-newsletter that goes out to hundreds of subscribers. Written by our staff of registered dietitians and vitamin specialists, it contains articles, movies, suggestions and recipes.
As a particular BONUS, we’ll e-mail you our fashionable ’51 Wholesome Snack Assaults’ PDF.
Try extra dessert and snack recipes on the weblog right here:
About Andrea Holwegner
CEO, Registered Dietitian, Counseling Apply Director & Skilled Speaker
Andrea the «Chocoholic Nutritionist» is founder and CEO of Well being Stand Vitamin Consulting Inc. since 2000. She is a web-based vitamin course creator, skilled speaker and common visitor within the media. Andrea is the recipient of an award by the Dietitians of Canada: The Talking of Meals & Wholesome Dwelling Award for Excellence in Client Training….Read more