It’s time so as to add a bit flavour to your weeknight dinner routine, Gradual Cooker Butter Hen type! The scrumptious, creamy sauce is richly spiced (however not spicy), the hen is plump and juicy, and it’s the right household meal. This recipe is nice for anybody following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie managed food plan.
Should you’ve by no means had genuine Indian butter hen (or Indian meals typically!), this Gradual Cooker Butter Hen is a recipe to strive. It’s excellent for a primary timer of Indian meals, however hopefully after a couple of bites you’ll by no means look again!
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- It’s tremendous creamy, gentle, saucy and comforting which makes it a fantastic low Syn family-friendly meal.
- The prep is SO straightforward, it’s a throw in kinda of meal and desires simply a short while for prep.
- It’ll make your kitchen odor wonderful! The spices used on this recipe are very fragrant and style scrumptious. The more serious bit is smelling all of it day, it makes you ravenous!
- It’s low in Syns and energy
- Makes a great deal of parts which is ideal for batch cooking
- You may serve this alongside some easy white rice OR why not give my naan bread a go.
Batch Prepare dinner – Storage Info
- Fridge: Retailer leftovers within the fridge in an hermetic container for as much as 5 days.
- Reheat: Reheat within the microwave and just be sure you add a splash of water earlier than reheating as in any other case, the sauce will probably be too thick.
- Freezer: Freeze in a freezer-safe container for as much as 3 months. Butter hen freezes effectively so you’ll be able to cook dinner a bigger batch, and freeze for a simple and fast dinner possibility! Simply bear in mind to thaw earlier than reheating.
Is that this recipe Slimming World pleasant?
Completely sure! Regardless that there are 2.5 Syns per serving it’s completely value it to have an genuine tasting curry utilizing butter and cream. Don’t skimp on the substances and use these Syns… thats why now we have them.
However I don’t have a gradual cooker?
Many individuals are petrified of gradual cooking as a result of they consider it makes far an excessive amount of meals or makes use of an excessive amount of electrical.
In the meanwhile I’m extremely recommending this small gradual cooker from Crockpot. It’s excellent for small households and can match into small areas/cabinets. It’s additionally an absolute cut price on Amazon proper now!
Gradual Cooker Butter Hen Curry
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 4 Cloves Garlic [Crushed]
- 1 tsp Dried Ginger
- 4 tsp Medium Curry Powder
- 1/4 tsp Medium Chilli Powder
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 tsp Granulated Sweetener
- 8 Boneless, Skinless Hen Thighs [Diced into large chunks]
- 50g Fats Free Greek Model Yoghurt
- 50ml Double Cream
- 250ml Hen Inventory
- 1 Onion [Finely Diced]
- Salt and Pepper to season
Set your gradual cooker to heat or a low warmth. Put the butter, garlic, ginger, curry powder, chilli powder, tomato purée and sweetener within the gradual cooker and mix totally.
Add the hen and onion, season with salt and pepper and blend with the spice combination till coated on all sides.
Add the inventory and stir effectively.
Pop the lid on and cook dinner on excessive for 4–5 hours till the hen may be very tender. Take away the lid for the final 2 hours if the curry may be very watery.
Pour the cream and yoghurt into the gradual cooker, cowl and cook dinner on excessive for an additional 10 minutes, or till piping sizzling. Should you discover the curry may be very watery earlier than including the cream you’ll be able to boil a number of the liquid off over the range.